This is the 7th PhD seminar organized by the Leuven Centre for Irish Studies in collaboration with EFACIS and the Leuven Institute for Ireland in Europe.
The aim is to give PhD students in Irish Studies from different European countries the opportunity:
- to present their research in a congenial, interdisciplinary environment;
- to receive feedback and advice from established scholars and students with various backgrounds;
- to hone their methodological skills;
- to deepen their knowledge of the different aspects of Irish literature and culture, history and society.
The programme will consist of:
- lectures by invited keynote speakers, all renowned scholars in different fields of Irish studies;
- workshops on different critical theories and methodologies convened by academic experts;
- student presentations, where participants present their own research for an audience of scholars and peers.
Confirmed plenary speakers are:
- Prof. dr. Linda Connolly (Maynooth University)
- Prof. dr. Marguérite Corporaal (University of Nijmegen)
- Dr. Sara Dybris McQuaid (University of Aarhus)
- Dr. Tom Walker (Trinity College Dublin)
Find the full programme here!
For further information, please contact Hedwig Schwall at email@example.com