Position: Coordinator of the European Federation of Associations and Centres of Irish Studies (EFACIS) and LCIS (Leuven Centre for Irish Studies)
1-year contract (40 hours per week, with 3 months trial period) based in Leuven, Belgium
The European Federation of Associations and Centres of Irish Studies (EFACIS) is seeking a coordinator to assist with the management of the federation and the organisation of its activities. The coordinator will also undertake certain website, database and communications activities for the Leuven Institute for Ireland in Europe. Applicants should have excellent communication and organisational skills and good oral and writing skills in English.
The responsibilities of this position will include:
- Coordinating EFACIS events such as the Irish Itinerary, Translation Projects
- Maintaining the EFACIS Members database – including up to date information on fees, contact details, circulation, Maps of Irish Studies in Europe etc.
- Increasing the public profile of EFACIS through communicating regularly with EFACIS members and the general public regarding EFACIS activities, including through the maintenance and development of our social media presence
- Preparing grant applications and fundraising
- Budgetary management
- Assisting with the production and circulation of EFACIS publications, including RISE journal and ISE publication series
- Building and maintaining project websites such as Kaleidoscope
- Communicating between networks of Irish Studies & formation of new networks especially in Europe, Latin America and Asia
- Support in the organisation of EFACIS PhD seminars and conferences.
- PR activities (updating the existing brochure)
- Providing regular reports to the EFACIS President/Board (monthly) & Irish Embassy in Brussels (biannually)
- Coordinate the activities undertaken by the interns (who will support the coordinator in his/her work)
The coordinator reports to the EFACIS President and the Project Director and works closely together with the EFACIS Treasurer
For the Leuven Centre for Irish Studies (LCIS) and the Leuven Institute for Ireland in Europe (LIIE – aka the Irish College Leuven):
- Organizing conferences & workshops
- Organizing the LCIS Lecture Series
- Maintaining the website & communicating with LCIS members & public at large
- Compiling the LCIS Annual Report
- Organizing cultural events in the Irish College Leuven (accommodation, travel, sponsoring)
For this part of the job the coordinator reports to the General Directors of the LCIS and the Irish College Leuven.
Candidates should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Educated to Masters level
- Excellent communication skills
- Can demonstrate capability to work under own initiative and to be pro-active
- Excellent oral/written communication in English
- IT skills including website experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills
- Flexible (sometimes evening work)
- Enthusiasm for the responsibilities of the position
Additional Desirable Qualities
- Interest in Irish Studies
- Business/administration orientation
- Previous professionable experience desirable
- Additional languages
The employment package will be subject to discussion.
All applications, including a CV and motivation letter, should be emailed to:
David Grant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5pm (CET) Sunday 31st August, 2019.