Call for Papers
Review of Irish Studies in Europe 4.1
Medbh McGuckian is one of Ireland’s foremost poets and, to celebrate her 70th year (2020), the Review of Irish Studies in Europe (RISE) is devoting an issue to her work. We welcome articles focused either on individual collections by her (of which she has written fifteen to date), or on topics such as
- Medbh McGuckian and the Troubles
- Medbh McGuckian and Feminist (Revisionary) Critique
- The Influence of Medbh McGuckian’s Work
- Stylistic Innovation in Medbh McGuckian’s Verse
- Colour Symbolism in the Work of Medbh McGuckian
- Space/Place in Medbh McGuckian’s Oeuvre
- The Body and Desire in Medbh McGuckian’s Work
- Intertextuality and the Poetry of Medbh McGuckian
- Medbh McGuckian and Her Contemporaries
Abstracts (200 words) to be sent by 18th October 2019.
Articles should be 7000-8000 words in length. The deadline for submission of articles is 6th January 2020.